Illinois, the Land of Lincoln, can be a wonderful place for a young person to grow up. Located in the heart of the American Midwest, Illinois is home to countless families that raise their children with good values and a strong sense of self-responsibility.
But like many places in the country, Illinois is also home to a considerable drug problem – and the adolescents who live there are caught right in the middle of the problem.
Teenagers today are faced with a variety of challenges when it comes to drug use. The availability is high, the price is cheap and drugs themselves are more potent and dangerous than ever. Good kids get addicted to drugs every day, even before they have a chance to experience how great a drug-free life can be. And when it is time to help these kids, the adolescent drug treatment center is there to help. Specializing in the care of young people with serious drug-related issues, these programs help get kids off of drugs, then give them the skills to stay clean for the rest of their lives.
Important things YOU should know about adolescent drug treatment
1. There’s an urgency to the treatment at these facilities. Because the adolescent’s brain has not yet fully developed, the damage caused by drug addiction can be extremely detrimental in the long term. Teen drug treatment centers move quickly to start the healing process and move the individual in the right direction.
2. There’s a significant focus on the peer group. It has proven that teens respond better when getting counseling alongside their peers. The shared experience helps kids feel less isolated and motivates them to start to make positive changes in their lives.
3. Adolescent drug treatment programs help fight addiction to a wide variety of substances including cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, marijuana, prescription medications and alcohol. Teen drug counselors in these programs are well-versed in the most popular “drugs of the moment” and know how to best combat their use.
4. Teens who smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol are more likely to use illicit drugs as well.
5. Programs for adolescents incorporate the entire family. By treating not just the individual, but his or her family as well, the drug treatment program is helping building skills that will make the family atmosphere a supportive one. This helps prevent relapse and speeds up the recovery time from addiction.
6. Adolescent drug counselors provide a firm hand, but in a caring way. Expert teen counselors know how to strike a balance between discipline and support. They understand the emotional, sometimes volatile nature of the young people they are working with, and as such give them some slack when it comes to their behavior during counseling, but never so much as to disrupt the process or allow the individual to get off the recovery track.
Illinois is home to many outstanding adolescent drug treatment facilities. And now, finding the best ones in your area is as easy as calling us at (866) 531-4569. We’ll help you find one of the hundreds of licensed programs that can help your child today!